Announcing GNOME Do 0.8.1
It has been about a month since our last release and its time to follow up on all those bug reports and close them all. Tarballs are available for both core and plugins. Please note that while 0.8.0 plugins will work with 0.8.1, it is strongly suggested that you upgrade to get the best experience, especially for Docky users. Some quick statistics.
- 2 New plugins
- 38 Bugs fixed
- 8 New Translations
Additionally Docky has recieved a major overhaul based on all the feedback from the 0.8.0 release. Here is what it looks like now!
- Docky’s right click menu is now more compact and beautiful thanks to Kalle, our awesome artist
- Zoom is visibly smoother and does not “wiggle” as much as it used to
- Zoom is slightly wider to give a smooth appearance
- Dock separator is sleeker and less obtrusive
- Glow dot color changes to match your gtk theme
- Docky no longer differentiates window items from launchers in any manner. They are all merged together. Items can be pinned to the dock simply by dragging them to the left of the other transient launchers, making them permenant fixtures on the dock. It’s never been easier to add running items to your dock.
- Launcher matching is now much more robust with only prism and open office being the known remaining issues with it. Hundreds of linux applications have been tested and confirmed to work. As more testing comes in this will become even more robust.
- Right click menus no longer have a remove from dock option, use drag off to do this.
- Cannot drag off items that have running windows attached to them as this presents a conflict of ideas.
- There is a clock! And if you click it… something magical happens.
And last but not least, the magic…